Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crazy Day of Birding Ahead for Texas Snowy Owl

There's a Snowy Owl in the Dallas area and I plan to head out early tomorrow morning with some friends to get it on my Texas list. There are only a handful of Texas records for this arctic bird, so seeing it in Texas would be a lifetime experience. I started off the year with a Snowy Owl in Oklahoma, but I could never get close enough for photos. Here's hoping I can get close enough for some decent shots. My friends from Poland, Marcin and Daria, have never seen a Snowy and they plan to leave for home before the end of the year. Hopefully the Snowy decides to  stick around.

There are also some target birds we hope to find, including White-breasted Nuthatch, Canada Goose and a Little Gull that's been hanging out at White Rock Lake! Lot's of exciting stuff, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get a chance to see the Snowy Owl. It would be an amazing experience to see one in person. Wishing you the best of luck on getting some photos.

    ReplyDelete